It is our mission at Next Big Crop to continuously improve our client’s ability to efficiently and effectively own and operate successful and profitable businesses in the cannabis and hemp industries. We do this through our ability to acquire licensing for all types of cannabis and hemp businesses, design and build small- and large-scale operational facilities, and bring to our client’s world-class talent with extensive expertise unique to cannabis and hemp industries.
Next Big Crop is proud to be organizational members as well as individual participants of ASTM International. ASTM International is a global organization that develops and publishes technical standards for a wide range of materials, products, systems, and services. The primary goal of ASTM is to improve the lives of millions each day through innovative business services, enhanced performance, and a deep understanding of commercial needs and consumer priorities. ASTM International utilizes the expertise of over 30,000 members from 140 countries and currently maintains more than 12,500 global standards and 120 years of operation.
Next Big Crop’s professional affiliation with ASTM International D37 Cannabis Committee is led by five strategic objectives including leadership, global technical expertise, standards and technical content development, services provider, and organizational vitality. These leading ASTM objectives support Next Big Crop when guiding companies and organizations in better business practices.
The following ASTM standards are regularly used by our professionals at Next Big Crop. Use this guide to find out what these standards address and how we apply them in our management services partnership with our clients:
CLEANING AND DISINFECTION GUIDE • ASTM D8219-19
Standard Guide for Cleaning and Disinfection at a Cannabis Cultivation Center
- This guideline presents information on the techniques and products used in a cannabis cultivation facility for cleaning, disinfection, and mitigation of hazards.
CORRECTIVE AND PREVENTIVE ACTION GUIDE • ASTM D8229-19
Standard Guide for Corrective Action and Preventive Action for the Cannabis Industry
- This guide defines instruction on the establishment of adequate processes and procedures for the identification, analysis, measurement, and correction of quality issues.
HAZARD ANALYSIS CRITICAL CONTROL POINTS (HACCP) SYSTEM – D8250-19
Standard Practice for Applying a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) System for Cannabis Consumable Products
- This practice addresses the principles to follow when implementing and managing a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) system for cannabis consumable products. This practice is not intended for cannabis industrial products (e.g., hemp products).
CANNABIS FLOWER WATER ACTIVITY TESTING, STANDARD PRACTICE • D8196-18
Standard Practice for Determination of Water Activity (aw) in Cannabis Flower
- This test is developed for use on cannabis flower by cannabis producers, processors, dispensers, testing laboratories, and end users. Water Activity testing at any point in the supply chain is an important element in ensuring the safety and quality of cannabis flower.
CANNABIS FLOWER SPECIFICATION, ACCEPTABLE WATER ACTIVITY IN DRY CANNABIS • D8197-18
Standard Specification for Maintaining Acceptable Water Activity (aw) Range (0.55 to 0.65) for Dry Cannabis Flower
- This specification covers the recommended range of aw suitable for safe and efficacious storage of cannabis flowers or portions thereof.
PACKAGING AND LABELLING GUIDELINE FOR RESIN CANNABIS PRODUCTS
Standard Guide for Packaging and Labeling of Consumer Resin Cannabis Products for Sale to Adult Consumers, Legally Authorized Medical Users, and Caregivers in a Business-to-Consumer Retail Environment (Retailers)
- This guide provides manufacturers, wholesalers, and retailers with guidance on how to package and label consumer resin cannabis products, based on their intended use, in a manner that prevents contamination and promotes prevention of accidental or improper consumption.
GUIDE FOR DISPOSAL OF CANNABIS RAW MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS
Standard Guide for Disposal of Resin-Containing Cannabis Raw Materials and Downstream Products
- This guide provides a step-by-step method for the implementation of a disposal process capable of rendering cannabis raw materials and products containing resins irretrievable, non-reclaimable, and safe to compost, commingle with municipal waste, or incinerate.